Skip to main content

ANOTHER GROUP OH GHASTLY HOWLOWEEN POEMS!!!



Here's Yor Candy, Now Leave Me Alone!

Nestlies Crunch bars and Hershey kisses,
I'll hand each child with my best wishes.

Want some Lollipops or Tootsie Rolls?
Filling up you bag is one of my goals.

Kit-Kats, Licorice Whips, Dots and more,
I'll give you money, whatever it takes.

If you want junk food I'll deliver,
You're the taker and I'm the giver.

Hedre's some Candy Corn and Popcorn Balls,
Please don't throw eggs at my walls.

Don't TP my beautiful trees,
I'm begging you, Pretty please.

This candy costs lots of money don't you know,
So here's your loot, now put it in your bag and go!

This Halloween Day is coming to a close,
It's not my most favorite holiday as everyone now knows!

The streets are empty and the kids have gone home,
It's just me and the leftover candy all alone.

I'll eat each and every piece that's in the big dish,
Then offer you all just one more wish-
Happy Halloween!

Candy-less Lament

I got a purple toothbrush from the lady down the street
And several doors down from her, got stickers for a treat.
Someone gave my goodie bag a pencil with a ghost
But chocolate bars and candy treats are those I love the most.
I got a plastic spider ring from a house some blocks away.
My bag is really heavy, but there's something I must say.
Erasers, rubber bats and rings are really fun and dandy.
But after all these houses see, please tell me where's the candy?

An Empty Treat Bag

After mom checked all my loot, she looked at me and sighed.
"Just one piece tonight, my dear.  Your teeth will thank you."
I took the teats into my room and sorted them inside.
First I arranged them all by size and then when I was through,
I said, "Hey wait, there's a piece that is too small.  That just won't do!"

And so I ate it quickly.  After all, it did not fit.
The candy was too small to sort.  It didn't hurt a bit.

I thought to myself, it is time to sort by types today.
I had 31 bubblegums, and that kind of sparked lament.
The next month only has 30 days, if I had one a day
There would be one left over.  It needed to be spent.

And so I chewed it quickly.  After all, it did not fit.
The gum lost flavor quickly, but it didn't hurt a bit.

One candy bar was a different type, a lollipop stick bent.
No matter what the candy>  I found reasons to reduce.
Once or twice.  I tried to stop but that is how it went.
Even when I resolved to stop, my craving would refuse.

And so I ate it quickly, finding reasons not to fit.
I ate the candy so fast my stomach took a hit.

My mother made me something to make the ache disperse.
Now that I'm out of candy, tomorrow I'll feel worse.

A Good Night For A Halloween Poem

Fangs, facepaint, princess wands and swords.
Scary and cute carved pumpkins and gourds.
Eerily decorated houses up and down the street.
Little ones cheering at ear door, "trick or treat."
Undoubtedly it must be that creepy time of year.
When haunted houses instill in us heart racing fear.
When horror flick marathons have us checking under beds.
And from overflowing candy bowls, ghost and goblins are fed.
Throughout the neighborhood you hear giggles and screaming.
Black cats with arched backs and their eyes gleeming.
Tombstones, skeletons and foggy smoke all about.
For young  and old alike, its an exciting fun night out.
Children tugging on parents as they race from door to door.
And teenagers dressed in unusual garb and bloody gore.
Partents showing off costumes on their toddler or baby.
Entering contests and hoping to win....maybe, just maybe.
Even the household pet isn't safe from dress up madness.
And at the end of the night, not a heart filled with sadness.
But rather happily eating their goods back at their home.
And with that, I'm inspired to writed this Halloween poem.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL FROM JAPAN!!!

     The Sapporo Snow Festival is a famous festival held annually in Sapporo, Japan, over 7 days in February.  Currently, Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival.  The 2011 Yuki-matsuri dates are February 7th to the 13th.    The festival is one of Japan's largest and most distinctive winter events.  In 2007, about 2 million people visited Sapporo to see the hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures at the Odori Park and Suskino sites, in central Sapporo, and the Satoland site.  The festival is thought to be an opportunity for promoting international relations. The International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park sit since 1974, and teams from various regions of the world participate.      The subject of the statues varies and often features as event, famous building or person from the previous yer.  For example, in 2004, there were statues of Hideki Matsui, the famous baseball player who at that time pl