Skip to main content

MAKE YOUR OWN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE KISSES!

   Hey everyone, I found this cool recipe at www.dollhousebakeshop.com .  Even though it's past valentines day, many of us (and you) like to eat them all year round.  Why not make a giant kiss for dessert one night or maybe even for a special occasion.  I've died and gone to chocolate heaven.  I would like to know if anyone enjoyed these as much as I did.




Sculpt rich creamy chocolate truffle into Hershey's Kisses!









The shelves are officially stocked full of Valentine's Day chocolates and goodies! In the midst of boxes and boxes of chocolate truffles I saw this giant Hershey Kiss -->
So I decided to try and combine the iconic Valentine's Day chocolate truffle, with this cool giant kiss, and came up with "Chocolate Truffle Kisses". The best part of this recipe is you can infuse your truffles with extracts, espresso, liquor, or keep it simple and stick with luscious rich chocolate.





Chocolate Truffle Kisses
You will need

  • 8 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (or a combination), chopped into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • Cocoa powder for coating (I used Dutch Processed. You can also coat your truffles in melted chocolate, finely chopped nuts, or powdered sugar)
  • Flavoring (optional)

Directions


Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan bring the butter and cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour over bowl of chocolate. Let sit for a minute or two. Gently stir until smooth (This is a classic ganache which can be poured as a liquid over cakes, like in my Chocolate Ganache Mousse Cake, or refrigerated and rolled into truffles, like we are going to do in this tutorial). If you are infusing truffles, be sure to check out our line of super strength flavorings and stir in a few drops until you have reached your desired flavor, I love using cherry for Valentine's Day. You can even add Chambord for a raspberry flavor, or any type of alcohol, liquor, espresso, or flavoring you choose!

Cover and refrigerate your ganache for a few hours until it has set and is firm. Once firm, scoop a ball of ganache onto your work surface with a spoon and sculpt into a Kiss shape, making sure to work quickly so the heat of your hands doesn't melt the ganache. If the ganache gets too melted/sticky, sprinkle some cocoa powder on your sculpture and hands and continue to shape your Kiss. (My Kiss turned out about 1 1/2" tall and about 1 3/4" wide at the base.)

I know... not the prettiest picture, but I wanted to make sure I showed you the whole process.



Once you have smoothed your Kiss and have gotten your desired shape, roll in coco powder. (You can also roll in powdered sugar or dip in melted chocolate.)







Cut squares out of foil (mine were about 5" squares) for wrapping and type (or write) custom tags and cut into long thin strips. (font size 11-12 works fine)









Place your Kiss in the center of the foil square and wrap foil up and around Kiss, with your custom tag poking out of the top (you can place the kiss in a paper cupcake liner before wrapping in foil if desired).







Happy Baking,
Lindsay Ann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL FROM JAPAN!!!

     The Sapporo Snow Festival is a famous festival held annually in Sapporo, Japan, over 7 days in February.  Currently, Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival.  The 2011 Yuki-matsuri dates are February 7th to the 13th.    The festival is one of Japan's largest and most distinctive winter events.  In 2007, about 2 million people visited Sapporo to see the hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures at the Odori Park and Suskino sites, in central Sapporo, and the Satoland site.  The festival is thought to be an opportunity for promoting international relations. The International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park sit since 1974, and teams from various regions of the world participate.      The subject of the statues varies and often features as event, famous building or person from the previous yer.  For example, in 2004, there were statues of Hideki Matsui, the famous baseball player who at that time pl