Skip to main content

HOLIDAYS TO CELEBRATE IN JULY!




    When you think of July holidays, Independence Day is probably the first that comes to mind. There are a lot of holidays in July; here is a list of observances to celebrate each day this month - and, of course, ideas for clebrating them.





July 1: Zip Code Day - Honor this holiday by memorizing the zip codes for all the neighboring cities.
July 2: I Forgot Day - Today you don't need an excuse; just say, "Sorry - I forgot."

July 3: Compliment Your Mirror Day - Take a good look in the mirror and compliment the person you see on the other side.

July 4: Independence from Meat Day - No, it's not just Independence Day on the 4th of July; it's also Independence from Meat Day!

July 6: Take Your Webmaster to Lunch Day - I wonder who made up this holiday...?








July 7: Chocolate Day - Finally, it's here! You can eat all the chocolate you want - for the whole day - without the guilt.

July 8: SCUD Day (Savor the Comic, Unplug the Drama) - Sounds like a scuddy holiday.

July 9: Martyrdom of the Bab - I was curious who the Bab was, so I looked it up. No wonder I didn't know what it was; Martyrdom of the Bab is a Baha'i holiday. Silly me.

July 10: Don't Step on a Bee Day - Every day should be don't step on a bee day. I've done it. It hurts.

July 11: World Population Day - You make up less than a billionth of the world population. Don't you feel special?









July 12: International Town Criers Day - I bet you didn't know the town crier had a day of his own, did you?

July 13: Embrace Your Geekness Day - Come on, we all have an inner geekness. Embrace it!

July 15: Gummi Worm Day - Mmm...another excuse to celebrate sugar!

July 16: Hot Dog Night - How will you celebrate Hot Dog Night 2010?








July 17: Yellow Pig Day - If you can't find a yellow pig, just paint one yellow. I'm sure no one will notice.
July 18: National Ice Cream Day - Have it any way you want.

July 19: National Get Out of the Dog House Day - What were you doing in there, anyway?

July 20: National Lollipop Day - Jeez, whoever makes up the national holidays sure likes his or her sugar! I won't complain, though.

July 21: Legal Drinking Age Day - Hmm, I wonder what you're going to do on Legal Drinking Age Day?








July 22: Rat-catchers Day - What would we do without them??

July 23: Gorgeous Grandma Day - To celebrate all you hot grandmas out there!

July 24: Tell an Old Joke Day - Tell everyone you see the oldest, moldiest joke you've got.

July 25: Thread the Needle Day - Apparently this is a game, but I've never played it.

July 26: One Voice - You've only got one voice, so be sure to use it.








July 27: Take Your Houseplant for a Walk Day - What?? You've never taken your houseplant for a walk? No wonder it's getting so big.

July 28: National Milk Chocolate Day - Wow, are there really two days in a month dedicated to chocolate?!

July 29: Rain Day - I wonder if it always rains on July 29th...








July 30: Cheesecake Day - This is my favorite, so make sure you don't forget to celebrate Cheesecake Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VANILLA PEACH COFFEE CAKE!!

Did you know that the fruit this summer is supposed to be the best it has been in years? Apparently, fruit loves hot weather. I personally have eaten more peaches and cherries this summer than I have in about five years just for that reason.  As I have been a little overzealous lately buying peaches and cherries I found myself with a few peaches that were going to be too ripe for me to eat on the same day. That is unless I wanted to have them for every meal plus a few snacks. So I decided to make this recipe for Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake.  Vanilla Peach Coffee Cake Adapted from  Allrecipes.com Batter: 2 eggs 1 C milk 1/2 C oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1/2 C  sour cream 3 C flour 1 C sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda Topping: 5 or 6 large peaches, diced. 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 11/4 C brown sugar 1Tbsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. nutmeg 4 Tbsp. flour Vanilla Icing: 1 Tbsp. butter 1 tsp

PRESENT TOPIARY TO DECORATE YOUR PORCH AND FRONT DOOR!

   This comes from www.thatvillagehouse.blogspot.com .  I made something similar a couple years ago, without the pots.  It was about 6 feet high.  I got the inspiration from a Chirstmas dectoration that we bought at Target. This is a very good idea and make a great enterance to your home.  So here's a little something to thing about for next year.  Before you know it December will be here again.  You could also do something like this for an Easter theme.   Enjoy! A Merry Welcome! So here is my first Christmas project for the year!! I saw something similar at our church's Advent celebration & pretty much straight up copied it. I couldn't help it. It was love at first sight! I plan to make a 2nd stack to go on the other side of my door, so I'm not completely done, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I started with 3 different sized boxes...9, 12 & 14 inch cubes. I used an ice pick to punch holes in each of them so that I could run

SAPPORO SNOW FESTIVAL FROM JAPAN!!!

     The Sapporo Snow Festival is a famous festival held annually in Sapporo, Japan, over 7 days in February.  Currently, Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival.  The 2011 Yuki-matsuri dates are February 7th to the 13th.    The festival is one of Japan's largest and most distinctive winter events.  In 2007, about 2 million people visited Sapporo to see the hundreds of snow statues and ice sculptures at the Odori Park and Suskino sites, in central Sapporo, and the Satoland site.  The festival is thought to be an opportunity for promoting international relations. The International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park sit since 1974, and teams from various regions of the world participate.      The subject of the statues varies and often features as event, famous building or person from the previous yer.  For example, in 2004, there were statues of Hideki Matsui, the famous baseball player who at that time pl